What most people don't know about me is that I had worked for 10 years in the medical industry. First, I started out as a Certified Medical Assistant working in family medicine, cardiology, dermatology, cosmetic surgery, and a hospital. I enjoyed helping people and it's the main purpose of venturing into this occupation.
In 2001, I went onward in secondary education by successfully completing a formal surgical technician program. It was by far the most intensive and stimulating experience of my life! Following my completion, I worked as a Surgical Technician at three different hospital operating rooms. As a Surg Tech, I assisted surgeons in a wide variety of specialties, including general surgery, gastrointestinal surgery, orthopedic surgery, cosmetic surgery, maxillofacial surgery, ENT surgery, gynecological surgery, urological surgery, and many more.
After a surgeon sliced my hands with a bloody knife in the OR and I had to get six months of testing for Aids, Hepatitis, and other dangerous diseases, I decided it was time to consider how else I could use my medical skills. This led to a hospital transfer in which I left the operating room to work in the Endoscopy unit with gastrointestinal specialists. (On a bright note, all of my medical tests were negative. Another live and learn moment.)
For several years, I worked in the Endoscopy unit and it was a very positive experience. I assisted G.I. doctors with gastrointestinal testing, procedures, and it was quite educational for me. Ironically, this was when my eight year old daughter was diagnosed with GERD, Gastroesophageal reflux disease. In layman's terms, she had a lot of inflammation in her throat and stomach. And none of the prescription medicine, nor the OTC medicine was helping her. It actually seemed to aggravate more painful symptoms.
While the Surg Tech salary was outstanding, the hours were awful. When I weighed the pros and cons, I determined that my children and family were more important than any monetary gain. Eventually, I left the medical industry and have never regretted this decision.
From 2006 to 2012, my own health spiraled out of control. Fibromyalgia. Herniated discs. Advanced Degenerative Disc Disease. Anxiety. Depression. Nonstop digestive distress. One potent cocktail of chemicals that severely interacted and nearly killed me. Those years are a big blur. And one hellish nightmare that I will never forget. For the full story, my memoir is on Amazon. www.amazon.com/dp/B00HEQH6E6
Everything I've gone through, every single backbreaking battle to fight for my life has brought me to where I am today. To no longer rely on prescriptions that are truly a Band Aid covering up symptoms. Medications that oftentimes promote negative secondary symptoms. Instead, I focus on gentle ways, holistic methods, to increase my quality of life.
What most doctors won't tell you is that many prescriptions for every imaginable concern can cause increased inflammation in our digestive system as well potential damage to our organs. Had I known this in advance back in 2006, I would have said, "No," to traditional medicine. And it would have saved me a heap of tears, trouble, and long-term consequences that disabled me.
My rock bottom was a valuable life lesson. Ultimately, it changed how I view things about health, about nutrition, and about conventional medicine. It taught me to opt for natural plant-based ingredients. And it led me straight to organic CBD oil. For those who want the details about how I started my CBD journey, here's my blog on it.
If you or your loved one is plagued with chronic inflammation, gut health concerns, an autoimmune disorder, or digestive issues, here's important facts for you to consider. Gastrointestinal medicine, both prescriptions and over-the-counter, can have negative side effects. You may experience a paradoxical effect. This means that the very reason you took the medicine (for inflammation, acid reflux, IBS, tummy troubles, etc), you may experience even more nasty symptoms (worse inflammation, worse acid reflux, worse IBS, worse tummy troubles, etc).
Please don't just take my word for it. Do your own research. Educate yourself about the facts. Become your own wellness advocate by taking better care of yourself and your loved ones.
Here's an example of the devastating impact from drugs: Two popular G.I. medicines, Nexium and Prilosec, which are commonly prescribed to patients who suffer acid reflux, inflammation in their esophagus, heartburn, and painful stomachaches, comes with a long list of potential side effects. The negative side effects include a headache, abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea, gas, dry mouth, and drowsiness.
If that's not bad enough, wait until you read this. According to Drug Watch, "Studies have found that some of the potential side effects of Nexium and Prilosec may include kidney damage, heart attacks, and premature death."
No coincidence, there are lawsuits with Prilosec, Nexium, and Prevacid, due to kidney damage, injuries, and death. If that's not enough to change your mind about harmful prescriptions for your gut health than I don't know what is?
What I find incredibly interesting is the Hippocrates quote, which says, "All disease begins in the gut." I wholeheartedly agree. 80% of our health is found directly inside our gut. And brain health is correlated to gut health. Therefore, if you struggle with depression, anxiety, brain fog, memory issues, or cognitive decline, focus on taking care of your gut.
Here's more intriguing information pertaining to the gut and CBD oil benefits:
- Emerging research has found a majority of autoimmune disorders have Leaky Gut Syndrome as a common root cause.
- The gastrointestinal system protects us from infection, it supports our metabolism, and it promotes healthy digestion, and elimination.
- Warning signs of an unhealthy gut are brain fog, autoimmune illnesses, depression, anxiety, PTSD, fatigue, poor immune health, type 2 diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, acne, rashes, overweight, acid reflux, constipation, diarrhea, bloating, cramping, IBS, and chronic inflammation.
- Some common causes of a poor gut health are over-medicating with antibiotics, birth control, steriods (Prednisone), Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories (Ibuprofen, Aspirin), anti-depressants (Prozac, Cymbalta, Effexor), antacids (Tums, Rolaids, Milk of Magnesia, Pepto-Bismol), etc.
- Researchers have found cannabinoids within CBD oil act as an antioxidant, minimizing intestinal permeability and reducing nausea, inflammation, and pain.
- CBD oil is the major non-psychoactive component of Cannabis sativa.
- The CBD oil that I'm using by Hempworx contains only .03% THC. It does not get you high or cause euphoria.
- Hempworx is formulating a new CBD oil that contains no THC.
- The Hempworx CBD oil is legal in all 50 states. You don't need a medical marijuana card or prescription to order it.
- The Hempworx CBD oil & creams are organic, non-GMO, vegan, gluten-free, and pesticide-free. They are a transparent, trustworthy company.
- The CBD has over 85 cannabinoids, which significantly benefit our overall wellness, including our gut health.
- CBD oil has therapeutic properties that include anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antiviral, anti-anxiety, antidepressant, anti-seizure, and anti-tumor.
- Our body was made with an endocannabinoid system in which the CBD oil activates receptors in the body to reduce inflammation.
The great fact about CBD oil is that it's booming business! We hear or read about it on the news, social media, YouTube, or through our friends. This sacred plant, CBD oil, has significantly helped to improve my moods, sleep, and focus. It's decreased my migraines, tummy troubles, inflammation, depression, ADHD, itchy rashes, back pain, and Fibromyalgia pain.
Keep in mind that not all CBD oil brands are the same. Due to this sky rocketing CBD industry, many companies jump on the bandwagon to earn a quick buck. Therefore, I strongly encourage you to do your research to educate yourself about pure ingredients.
Look for brands that don't water down the product or simply dilute it with a bunch of secondary oil, such as coconut oil. Also, beware of brands that use glycerin in their CBD oil because it can cause bloating, nausea, dizziness, vomiting, headaches, and diarrhea.
The key is transparency in CBD companies. You want to only use the finest of high quality ingredients to produce effective, lasting results. If you have questions pertaining to CBD oil or health, contact me here on my blog. If you're interested in the new CBD oil that contains no THC, I'd be glad to add you to my list of customers waiting for the launch. It's coming soon!
For more information about Hempworx CBD oil:
Medical Disclaimer: The information is not intended to be a substitute for a medical doctor or professional medical advice. It's not meant to diagnosis, treat, or cure you. All content, including images and information, contained on here is available for educational and general informational purposes only.