It goes to show the power of positive words, encouragement, and affirming someone's special gifts. For me, it was a life-changing moment when I believed in myself, my strengths, and my dreams for the first time. When I didn't let my lack of academics or failures hold me back. It didn't matter that I struggled in school, had nonstop distractions, or undiagnosed ADHD.
All that truly mattered was someone of authority and intelligence saw something unique in me, which I had never seen. From that early moment, a fire was sparked deep within my spirit. When I wrote, it took me to far away lands where I was filled with adventure, excitement, and childlike wonder.
Through the years, I've grown significantly as a writer and I'm still a work in progress. I sense God is stretching me to go beyond my ability and to rest in Him to guide me to new horizons. Currently, I'm crafting my first fiction novel that has me scared to death and exhilarated all at once. Despite my doubts on pulling it off, I trust with the Lord leading the way, anything is possible.
As for why I write, there really are a zillion reasons that spur me on, but here's my list to sum up my purpose for writing:
1) I write to express myself.
2) I write to give others hope.
3) I write to empower men and women to use their voice.
4) I write to work toward healing and forgiveness.
5) I write to be true to myself.
6) I write to encourage people.
7) I write to be creative.
8) I write to release my broken dreams.
9) I write to chase after new aspirations.
10) I write to educate others.
11) I write to inspire.
12) I write to work on self-improvement.
13) I write to follow God's calling on my life.
14) I write to share my faith and beliefs.
15) I write to advocate for healing, health, and hope.
16) I write to help others live their passionate purpose.
17) I write to spread the biblical truth.
18) I write to share my own story of overcoming rock bottom moments.
19) I write to surrender everything that's hurting me or holding me back.
20) I write to draw near to my Heavenly Father.
21) I write to help others not feel so alone.
22) I write to bring joy and laughter.
23) I write to equip people to have deeper faith.
24) I write to share a piece of my soul with our world.